Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Chair


 This is my chair:




I was going to throw it out when we moved house but notwithstanding the rips and the repairs it is a comfortable chair and much work has been accomplished thereon.  However a daughter spotted it while moving.

"What's THAT?"

"It's a computer chair. From 1928."

"How come they had computers in 1928?"

"They didn't of course. It's an office chair."

"Woz they like, 'Guys, we got the chair. Now we'd better invent computers' ?"

Anyway I sat on my chair, and leaned back and there was a loud bang and the chairback, normally springy, flipped backwards and I nearly fell off. I looked below and a bolt had sheared, and the impact had cracked the cast iron.  I tightened an adjuster instead of the spring and we must now pray it remains comfortable for seven more years and then it can be wheeled round the garden and earn itself a knighthood.

 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home